Thursday, March 1, 2012

another day at the office...

 the days are passing by so fast, and its 3 months to my flight, which has already been booked. i'm flying to Calgary, without knowing how the hell i'm getting from the airport to Banff with my huge bike box... hitch-hiking? maybe. anyway, the weather this weekend is horrible, but during the past week i've been packing some great hours in the saddle. i did three 7 hour rides on the mountain bike, plus more than 15 hours of training other people. on friday i'll ride 4 more hours and call it a week.
 you know, spending all these long hours on the bike feel like an actual job. i go out in really early in the morning,  i answer my phone calls while riding, eat my lunch on the fly, and get home just in time to take Ori out of the kindergarden. so, i get to see these wonderful sights while i'm working... what a life.
 the lousy weather makes me feel like a pro even more, in that regardless of the conditions, i put on my spendex, base layer, long sleeve shirt, warm shirt, wind coat and rain coat, and go out swimming, sorry, riding in the biblical rain storms. what keeps me motivated is telling myself that the Tour Divide will be much much harder. what ever gets me out of the comfort of the couch and hot tea, right?
it is amazing to see how the body reacts to the endurance bombardment i throw at it, and how i feel better and better coming back home after 140 km ride, like it was a walk in the park.
i went out to FUNKIER clothing company, and picked out my outfit and clothing for the Tour. i took home their whole shop: jerseys, bibs, long sleeve, vest, you name it- i took it!
the guys at FUNKIER have been sooooo nice, printing all of my sponsors logos on the jerseys, and hooking me up with their top of the line products.
next week- 4 seven hour rides, plus 2 three hour rides, not counting my 18 hours of training other people.
let the games begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biblical indeed!
Ride on man!

eylonsa said...

u r n inspiration 2 us all !!!

eylonsa said...

u r n inspiration 2 us all !!!

eylonsa said...

u r n inspiration 2 us all !!!