Thursday, January 3, 2008

HOME.


every year i choose to buy a plane ticket, and spend my time riding around, racing and training in a foreign country. life in israel is so intense all the time, with bordering countries wishing we were gone, with israeli drivers, who seem to want you dead, or at least out of their faces, and with the general feeling of closness to other people around you. everyone knows everyone. six degrees doesn't work in israel... try three degrees. families are connected in a way, its hard to explain. news every half an hour, and on the hour.

so, i pack my bike cases and go. as far as i can. for as long as i can. but after a few months, that feeling of home creeps back up, and i find my self wishing i were there, in my old room, with my family. so i come back. stay a few months.

then i buy a plane ticket.

and pack my bags...

No comments: