Tuesday, January 1, 2008

10 WEEKS...


my body may still be here, aching after the last training session, but my mind is already a world away... passing through the colorado mountains, feeling the cold thin air on my face. driving the straight roads of the great plains, watching the clouds gather in the distance. crossing water streams, and climbing the single tracks of park city, utah.

i am there. already there.

filling gas in my motor home, reading car magazines in the afternoon. going to the movies, just because it is too hot to ride in moab, utah. riding the hills of L.A, watching rich people late for work. sleeping in the rest areas, and waiting for my next race. my body may still be here.

but i am already there.

tick, tack, tick, tack...

1 comment:

E Bishop said...

Great to hear from you, H! Your blog is awesome. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. It's getting COLD here in Virginia. Hopefully it will warm up in time for your return to the States. You know where we live, if you want to come and train in the mountains :)