Sunday, December 27, 2009

the desert and i...

riding into the desert in total darkness is always a good start for an epic ride. the pace was rather fast, so my partner told me he would not ride with me, and that i should continue on my own. and so i did. seeing the desert waking up, the mountain tops take shape out of the darkness, and meeting my new friend for the day, courtesy of the sun- my shadow...
after barak told me to go on my own, i decided i should try and break last year's finishing time. the only way to do it (considering that this year's edition was actually longer...) was to stick to the plan: never stop, never stop pedalling, and when off the bike- run. thats what i did. its a meditative state, pedalling non stop, and it worked.

the desert was in a beautiful state, with water in the streams, and the weather was spot on. i rode like there was no tomorrow, and finished 1st, breaking last year's time by about 15 minutes. could have kept riding for another 100 km or so...
i wish to say thanx to all the epic riders taking part in these long loooong races. you all have mtbikers souls.
and- a last thank you to all my blog's readers. the numbers have just passed 10,000. spread the word, give some links to friends.
love you all, H.


2 comments:

Michael said...

It was a great ride!
Congratulations for your achievement. It is just difficult to believe, that a human can do this.

Your post on the blog of sde.boker.tahanat_delek.co.il was just קורע :-)

see you on the trails...

Anonymous said...

השלט של שלוחת צלמון ונחל חוה מוכר לי ומזכיר לי נישכחות...
כל הכבוד,המטרה הבאה הטרנס אלפים,אתה תיצלח גם את זה.
אבא