Wednesday, September 30, 2009

5 days to go...

so... its five days to D day. i'm not that excited just yet, but i know i will be. seeing moran wearing her wedding dress and all... my best friend, lior, is flying in from LA, in order to be my best man at the wedding.
yom kipur went well, and we managed to squeeze a few rides. we even rode all the way to Haifa, and moran went up to the city through the Freud climb. the girl got strong legs and will....

so, the yesterday i embarked on an epic road ride, which i had wanted to last around 8 hours. i rode up beit oren, down nesher, through tivon, ramat ishai, and through afula. i rode down to the jordan valley, and than up the gilboa mountains. came back through afula and ended up cramping like hell in yokne'am. moran had to pick me up. still, i managed around 170 km. got to buy some isotonic drinks... i was out of salt in my body. well...


2 comments:

SomeGuy said...

Hi,

Any chance of getting recordings of your rides?

I'm an epic'er too and live in Haifa so I'm looking for good long off-road rides.

Ben.

CHANOCH REDLICH said...

hey ben. there are no recordings of my rides, because two years ago i decided to ditch all those polar and gps monitors... i like to ride old school, listening to my heart beat, and feeling my legs hurt.
you should look at the epic rides commune in tapuz.
happy trails.